Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Easel Card Tutorial

Hi there here is how I complete an easel card, I hope this helps.

First I cut a 5x5 piece of cardstock for the front of the card

Next you need to cut a 10x5 piece for the base and scor it at 2 1/2 and 5
add some patterned paper and sentiment (popped up) to the large part of the base

Decorated the 5x5 piece as it is the front of the card and stick to the end piece of the base. the popped up sentiment will keep the front in place

Very easy to do, I hope this helps and I would love to see your easel card You still have time to enter Humble Pie's Use only one embellishment

This card is perfect for Kaboodles fancy Folds







11 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

It is perfect for our challenge at Kaboodle Doodle. Fab colour. Thanks for playing. Thanks for playing along at Kaboodle Doodles. Hope to see you back for the next challenge. Marianne x

Bobbi said...

Thanks for this. I was going to go look around this weekend for the tutorial so I can make a birthday card.

Faye said...

I love easel cards and this is no exception. Thanks for playing at Kaboodles. x

Stef H said...

wow! it's really that easy?????? you convinced me. this is fabulous!

The TownScrapper said...

So sweet lisa

Jill said...

Love your easel card. Thanks for joining in Kaboodledoodles this week. Jill

Unknown said...

Lisa, I had been shying away from these cards because I thought they would be so complicated! your tutorial so was so easy and I had my card done in a matter of minutes!
I've left some sunshine for you on my blog!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Judy said...

Wow! I like this easel card! Very nice!

mudmaven said...

Love your colors and papers on this and that image is so cute. Thanks for playing our Kaboodle Doodle challenge. ~chris

Lilacanglia said...

Fantastic
Thanks for a great tutorial,
and love the cheery colours,
Thanks for joining in the fun at kaboodle doodles this week,
Hugs
Angie

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

VERY FUN card, love the fold and the colors are wonderful. Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles!